Wednesday 20 November 2013

Locally grown sweet potatoes

When I think of things I will write about them since otherwise I forget.
 
When we went grocery shopping a few days ago I found a orange sweet potato like we are accustom to.  They were very small but I took two and had the girl weigh and price them.  Wow!  They were very expensive.  She told me I should buy the local sweet potatoes because they are much cheaper.  She showed them to me and picked out a couple of medium sized ones.  The price was much much better so we decided to try them.  They are a brown-creamy color on the outside (not pretty to look at) and look much like a potato when peeled.   Last night Jim peeled them, cut them up and we boiled them.  We were surprised to find that they taste pretty much like the sweet potatoes we are used to.   We will buy them again and try baking them next time.  They weren't easy to peel.  We cooked up some mince (ground beef) with taco seasoning I brought from home and I made some guacamole -- we topped it with some leaf lettuce and that was our supper.  It was pretty good.    :)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment