Saturday 17 January 2015

This and That

I wish I could attach a copy of the 2014 Historical report that we compiled for the Welfare Department .  Each Humanitarian couple reported on some projects they did this year.   With the help of Elder Terry, a computer expert, I put the reports together.   It is about 40 pages and it is too big to email so I will make a copy and add to it the projects we do before we finish here and take it home with us. (or I could put it on a pen drive).  :)

Last Saturday we went to a 'market'.  It is huge.  Bernice Ankrah was our guide.  I had been once before and suggested that Jim should come along since it is an experience you don't want to miss doing, at least once!   We would get lost there without a guide.  It is so interesting though.  Hundreds of little shops selling pretty much anything you could want to buy.  We tell Bernice what we are looking for and she takes us to the right places.     The fabrics there are amazing and so beautiful.  They do a lot of batiks here and they have such wonderful bright colored prints.  I haven't done much sewing for a few years but have decided I may have to start again.   I have bought several pieces of fabric.  I am not sure what I will make but.......      Luckily I have someone who has agreed to take an extra suitcase or two across for me. 

It is Harmattan season.  Harmattan is the dry winds that blow sand and dust down off the Sahara Desert.  It is much worse this year than last year.  It looks like a fog across the country and we mostly notice the thin layer of dust that accumulates on our vehicle every day.   Also the swimming pool does not stay clean these days from the dirt settling in.     The airports north of here closed down last weekend due to the thick dust -- it is even much worse in the northern part of the country.    One benefit of Harmattan is that the temperatures have been noticeably cooler (quite pleasant, in fact) and the humidity is less.     It will start to get hotter soon -- March is the hottest month.

Today is Saturday and we have been grocery shopping.  We go early to beat the rush and the traffic.  We will do some cleaning in our apartment and Jim irons his shirts/pants for the week.    I guess we better get at it.

Love to all our family and friends,

Elder and Sister Bullock


No comments:

Post a Comment